Thursday, September 24, 2009

Excerpt

So when I deleted my myspace I saved all my blogs.. 305 pages of words. letters. bad grammar. and punctuations.

Wow I love reading this stuff though, makes me laugh, and makes me think I liked 18 year old Rose and 19 and 20.. She may have needed some growing to do but man has my life always been this exciting hahah..

Here's some excerpts:

" It's wierd how many little meaningless events can shape and mold your life, today for example, Harry the groundskeeper locked himself out of his little hut and I got to help him, I don't know why but knowing he had a nice cool place all to himself was uplifting for me. I really like Harry because he really dedicates everything to a job many people take for granted. "


"whats the first word that comes to your mind right now?
 CORNER, because today my professor meant to write shoes on the board and she accidentally wrote corner and then was baffled at why she wrote corner instead, me and like one other person were cracking up... it was so random!"


" Word to the wise.. butter fights are not smart, it's not easy to clean up and worse is walking around for another hour with your hair smelling like butter.... but Mr. K's Mini Mart is the place to be, not friday nights though, only on thursdays, after 3pm. "

" Under any circumstances never leave Rose in Santa Monica for 2 hours to kill time.
For one thing she will spend money she shouldn't, for another she will give all her cash to "the children" which is more like the booze and crack fund, and lastly she will follow strange japanese men up a 3 story building to learn what will happen when she dies."


"worried:
It's my stomach in knots

the yellow color of my grandma's kitchen

my ballet slippers waiting so patiently in my bag

that list they taped up three times

standing off stage, that few seconds before you pass into a new dimension

a ticking clock 

the lost and found at the street fair

typing the last few words of a paper

typing the last few words of a paper I hate thats due in ten minutes

I once heard it's as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum

even so, it can be sickening

Now it's stamps, reccomendations

transcripts, tests, the future

a bad taste in my mouth

I need to be Joan of Arc
fighting
against these terrible odds

so even if I don't win

I know it was worth the battle"

" stabbed in the back
so they don't have to look in your eye
beware the ides of march
you didn't listen
but they heard you cry

you sang your sad song of song
eternal rememberance, yet you didn't live long
with slithers and splinters of betrayal and wrong
asking "Et tu Brute'?"
"Et tu Brute'?"

stabbed in the back
so they don't have to look in your eye
beware the ides of march
you didn't listen
but they heard you cry

a land your people would crowd
a palace you built in the cloud
crumbled away while you bowed
screaming "Et tu Brute'?
howling "Et tu Brute'?!"

stabbed in the back
so they don't have to look in your eyes
beware the ides of march
you didn't listen
but they heard your crys"


damn I have a lot of poetry in here..

aight that's enough for now.

1 comment:

  1. i love going through my old journals form high school....."and lastly she will follow strange japanese men up a 3 story building to learn what will happen when she dies." had me rollin.

    this is rob k by the way. I forgot my earlier password so have a new username

    ReplyDelete