Monday, December 14, 2009

No kids. No rules. No regulations.

Waiting to Export.


Your frontal lobes will shrink
While calcium collects
in your hips
in your hands
in your head
Your Kidneys start to fail
so they hook you up
to a beeping, ticking
pleading machine
that pumps your entire being
out

as you wait to export
and your blood pressure rises
mind wanders
arthritis of the soul
a crush of hopes and bones
a loss of dreams and platelets
a rusty automotive
being
breathing
weezing

genetic conundrum
it's the cards you were dealt
..kind of
twinges of regret
tickle as they push back
amino acid reflux
protein shake of life
waiting as they import
your own self back
in


Just thinking about growing old.  My parents.  My genes.. My friend's parents.. this is why.  This is why I am how I am.  Can I be responsible later?  When my knees start to buckle?  And my neck starts to ache?

P.S.  This is by far one of my all time favorite songs from Regina..
I've been listening to it all day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment