Wednesday, July 1, 2009

You know I look like a woman but I, CUT like a buffalo.


 Listening to The Dead Weather ahhhh pre ordered the CD.  Jack White plus Allison Mossheart equals pure bliss.  I've been listening to The Kills on repeat again.  Also, just bought the new Regina Spektor album, so FAR so good hah.  Music music musically goodness. :) 

Got to catch up with Jules and Kelz over some amazing Korean BBQ the other night which was deliciously fun, then met up with Toby, the sis and a few of her buddies last night for Princess Bride at Stone, had a little tempeh chilli.. yummmm, whatever they put in the hot cocoa was heavenly!  I forgot to close my tab though, I'm a repeat offender.  My mom used to read this book to me when I was little called, "Aren't you Forgetting Something Fiona?"

  I remember thinking then at like four, am I doomed to be this elephant?  ahem I mean girl?  My favorite part was when she almost gets into the bathtub with all of her clothes on, shoes and all, I remember my mom saying something like, who is THAT dumb?  and laughing at how ridiculous the book got.  My mom the "realist"  haha, I can definitely see some of her outlooks rubbed off on me, although she liked to keep us "innocent" and dispend belief, (she never actually sat me down and told me that Santa Claus isn't real) she definitely had a very realistic view of some things in life, even now she will comment about how she believes things will turn out and my sister and I are there saying, "Don't say that!!  Don't be so pessimistic!!"  and then what she says will happen does.  It's gotten to the point where we yell, "Just don't say it!  If you do it will come true!!!"  like she's some kind of psychic.  WOW.  I just went from forgetting to close a tab to some psycho-babble about my mother and the way I was raised.  This is how my mind works on censored haha, I'm surprised sometimes that I can have conversations with people because of how it wanders.  I guess it's healthy, but it definitely takes some lengthy strolls and I wonder if one day it just won't come back.

Anyways, plans for the fourth?  I may be camping, not sure, but I am going to start bringing my camera with me everywhere, get an 8 gig sd card and go to town.  That way I can have pictures of everything I blog about and not just pics I randomly take on photo booth.. 

Question of the day:  What is a book you remember being read as a little kid?  and why does it stick out in your mind?

Mine are "Are you Forgetting Something Fiona?"  "Pigs in the House" (about three pigs who break into the house and run amuck when the farmers are gone.. hmm maybe that's why I loved Animal Farm?)  and "Pickle Things" (Basically a book with pickle things, like pickle bikes, pickle nose, pickle tub, and pickle toes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment