Monday, July 13, 2009

Stuffed Olives.

I hate this feeling, of being stuffed beyond stuffed.  UGH.  Whilst I was eating my soup and sandwich we were watching the Millionaire's Club on TV.  Not a fan I have to say.. I seriously got sick to my stomach watching the show, didn't help that I was stuffed beyond stuffed but watching human beings behaving in that way just made me want to yack all over myself and go live in a hole 30 feet below the surface of the Earth.  Sometimes I really wonder about people, society, this culture we have created.  Just taking Anthropology and reading about how other people on the Earth live, I sometimes think I might have been born in the wrong culture, the wrong time, the wrong space.  It's such an internal tug-o-war, part of me would like to be successful and live some kind of "american dream" if it even exists, be comfortable, enjoy luxuries, but part of me really wants to be more of a minimalist, reminding myself that money and riches are not the key to life but the opposite, that life should be about what you do with it, for the good of other people.  I have no room to complain.  As I age that is one lesson I have learned and that is why I think it is good to expose yourself to what goes on in the rest of the world and not just turn a blind eye.  It's definitely humbling, I mean there are people starving, in wars, dying, genocide, crazy harsh weather, just living a much harder life than the cushiness of our socal homes here.  And here I am complaining about traffic, or being hungry, or too full.. jesus.. we seriously have NOTHING to complain about.  So yes, even though things in my life may not be fantastic I have SO MUCH to be thankful for and the freedom to be myself and be thankful for those things..  just trying to enjoy those things in life.  
So for enjoying things I had a pretty fun an eventful weekend, went bowling with the brothers Verdin.  Drove up to Ontario on Saturday for J Booty's graduation partay then back home for Ang's pool extravaganza which was great times too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment