Monday, June 8, 2009

What's in a name?



I have to say.
I love my name.
The way it
rolls of my tongue
not just alone
but the combination 
the first and the last
feels like dynamite
short bursts
like when you touch 
your mouth to a battery
creating an electric spark
that bittersweet
taste


I have to say
I hate my name
when my mother yells at me
the obsessive repeating
the growing anger
when it morphs into 
a monster
that sounds nothing like your name
and everything like
anger
annoyance
a wawawaw
piercing feedback


My name is rare
I hate to share it
to have someone 
steals it's purpose 
in my life
it's uniqueness 
it's antiqueness
and it's smell
like an old wooden 
cupboard
not  like me
not expecting me
but somehow finding me

And nothing beats
the way the one you love
says
your name
especially for the first time
it's like hearing a note you've never heard before
seeing a color that doesn't exist
and all you want is for
them to say it
every 
minute
of 
every 
day





No comments:

Post a Comment