Thursday, August 20, 2009

Turn and face the strain

It's been growing inside me lately.  This feeling.  This quarter life crisis I suppose.  Screaming it's time to grow up.. I stood in front of my closet today and had the sudden urge to take all my clothes and throw them into a bag and get rid of them all.  I don't know how well walking around without any clothes on would go over, but I'm starting to slowly bag up things I've been attached to, like oh well when I go salsa dancing I can wear this.  I haven't gone salsa dancing in a few years, and when I did, I did not wear that dress.  I want to get classier pieces.  So I may be sucking it up and spending a little more on clothes, although you can never go wrong with a quick trip to Ross now and then.  But my clothes are just the beginning of it.  I want to get rid of it all, sell it, burn it hah (looks down at my Anthropology book that is in pieces).  Take the posters off my wall, the bottles off my shelf.  For days now I've been contemplating moving out, craigslist searching, but it would be tough.  I know I could save more money staying home but it's coming up 3 years I've been home now and I'm ready.  I think I've been ready for a while now.  I'm also re thinking grad school and then re thinking my re thinking.  I think I will apply in the fall but I'm going to look at more places and more programs.  I'm ready to get off my lazy ass and finish projects, ideas, lots of things.  I feel the old Rose slowly coming back, the one who worked all season in cross country my freshman year to run a 7 minute mile exactly.  The one who finished school in 3 1/2 years.  I'm slowly lighting a fire under my ass and working on making my life more than wishing I did this or that but doing it.  Don't want much from anyone else this year, now I'm hoping for things from myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment