Sunday, November 29, 2009

A lil' Drunk Bloggin :D

So yeah.  In the face of adversity.  Life is good.

I read once that people who win the lottery, their lives will change for about six months, then go back to the normal lives they basically had.  If they were drunks, they continued to drink, if depressed, they slipped back into that depression, if they were happy go lucky, they fell back into their awesome groove.  Basically a big change in their lives really didn't alter it all that much..  something to chew on I guess.


I've been enjoying my four day weekend and spending a lot of time with my family since my sister will be in the Caribbean for most of Christmas break and we've been having a blast together.  Today we drove around and blasted old school Elton John and ran errands and tonight we put on fucking Bing Crosby, cooked up a storm and invited my grandma over for dinner.  My mom made amazing turkey soup in our crock pot and Dawn and I whipped up the best mac & cheese of my life.  We had that and some redunk fruit salad.  Afterwords we watched Meet Me in St. Louis... if you haven't seen that movie I'd highly advise it.. seriously SO GOOD.  It was so nice to just actually spend time with the family tonight, and on Thanksgiving.  Yesterday Dawn and I went and watched a ton of awesome bands too, which was great.  I dunno what I'm trying to say anymore.  I guess that I'm in a great mood and wanted to share it.  I think that even when things get rough I'm proud of myself for my ability to laugh and keep going.  All I have to do is pop in Hercules and sing along hahahah.  Tomorrow will mark the 30 day countdown until NYC and I'm SOOOOOOOOOO very excited to get to spend New Years in time square!  Dude, in retrospect 2009 has been one of the greatest years of my life!  I've traveled to San Francisco three times, Costa Rica, Santa Cruz, Vegas, LA, and now New York.. I trained and ran a full marathon, that's 26.2 miles.  I laughed, I lost, I won, I cried, I was in two articles in the paper.. so fuck the petty things.  I knew this year was going to be spectacular, I knew it even as I sat there miserable and sick as the clock struck midnight,  and it was, it was everything I could ask for and more.  I can only hope that 2010 lives up to it's predecessor.  Alright enough of this parrot bay and Dr. Pepper rambling, I'm watching the end of Eternal Sunshine and going to bed. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment