Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm destroying my body. I'm destroying my mind.


But aren't we all? It sure is fun. Used the late late drive home to slowly piece together the last few days. I can't believe I am awake right now, but considering I didn't fall asleep until 9am on November 1st I think it's fair to say my sleeping pattern is, well, a bit off.

Landed Friday and ran out to meet with Angela's friend Geoff, who arrived in style in a beater of a white Toyota truck and a Nordic looking hat. He pulled over and hopped out of the car, handed the keys to Angela and said (well more like yelled) "Change of plans!! You guys gotta drive, I'm catching a flight." Then he rips off his pants and shirt to reveal a tiny pink and green like sky diver suit and puts on some snow boarding glasses and yells, "I'm jumping baby! I'm jumpingggg!!!!" I was laughing my ass off by this point and everyone was staring at us. He made some joke about the cops heading our way so we squeezed in the car and put put putted our way into the city. We dropped our stuff at Galen's and then hit the streets for some Mexican food and beer. Got some more drinks and totally forgot that I had that Valium before the flight. I ended up falling asleep in various places in the bar until we finally took off. Woke up at 9am for some unknown reason, had a great chat with Galen and then headed to the Pork Shop for some ridiculously great turkey sandwiches. Headed to the hangar and stood at amazement at what we had in store for later that night, paper mache seagulls hung from the ceiling, a gigantic mermaid, giant whale skeleton, and of course the cardboard ghost ship which covered the dodoacyplse bus. Not to mention two different rooms to dance, various bars, and a light house. Outside was some gigantic rock-em sock-em robots and a truck sized lawn flamingo. Also, the diner was set up to sell grilled cheese sandwiches in the back.. Helped clear some stuff up and then headed back to the city to meander, shop, and grab some amazing curry before heading to Tyler's to start the party. After having some fun at Tyler's we all left his house and then made our way to another house party. The rooms all had names on them like make out room and dance party room and it was hella crowded but lots of fun hanging. Ang, Nicole, and I ran to a store then to the muni then to a bus to Treasure Island. The party had just begun and didn't end until the wee hours of the morning and sunrise on a rooftop over looking the city. Spent most of Sunday sleeping and feeling miserable, having an amazing dinner of calamari, crab cakes, and salad. Meandered around some more and then back to the airport. All in all I'm exhausted but I had so much fun. Met some great new people and re met some more great people. Scored some cute clothes and a new mug. But most of all took back some memories that I will look back and laugh about... my costume turned out amazing!! Some great costumes I saw were, balloon boy, Party bot 3000, full with built in ipod and drink dispenser, a guy dressed as a night stand with a lamp shade on his head, when I asked him what he was dressed as he told me he was a one night stand.. so great, saw a whole entire gang dressed in Star Wars garb, The house from up, Able Lincoln, and many more.. pics soon to come I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment