Saturday, July 31, 2010

Es maravilloso.

I often have moments.. where I stop.
And look around.
And wonder how the hell I got here.
Things always weirdly fall into place.
That realization.. that a chain of events has occurred to bring me right here.
Today..
While you snore so peacefully next to me. 
Because.
You are always sleeping.

And I type so feverishly.
Because.
I am always writing.

Life may take me different places.
But I will always have this.
Your feet on a pillow.
The dull hum of the air conditioner as kids laugh outside.
The only light that of the tv.. background noise.
While I wonder what you're dreaming of.
And where I will be next week.
And why the wine just almost fell out of the icebox.
And scared the shit out of me.
And the fucking weird things you are doing in your sleep.
That make me laugh.  Seriously.  You are a weirdo.
But I feel at home.
So I'll take this moment.
And wrap it up.
In my heart shaped box.
That cost 2.99.
That I left by my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment