Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mind vs Matter


Oh the absurdity!

I think in between sips of diet coke and cabernet.
Oh the things that could happen here.
Or not.  Since I'm hidding in corners and in restrooms and behind buildings alone.  Avoiding people.
It's at times like these I wish I smoked.  Any excuse to slip away and take long drags.  Wrap my lips around thousands of chemicals enveloped by that thin piece of parchment.  Any excuse to avoid a passing stare or a dialogue full of farce, purged passed botox filled lips and slithered through porcelian veneers.  Asking what I do or who I am or how I know so and so.  And I wonder how I get myself into these situations but I also keep my ears open.  Pick up on rich women's diatribes about the latest man she dumped or business men talking stocks and web pages as usual.  It's beginning to get dark and I'm beginning to get drunk.  I avoid the free food but flock to the free drinks.  The bar tender glances up at me as he pours, "how's your night?"  fine fine.  Thank you for the liquid courage now I'll be on my way.  And I slip into the background again as if I were wearing camoflauge.  I morph into a wall, a table and slowly sip my drink as I watch life pass me by.  But what kind of life is this?  Is it real life?  I'm still not sure.  Or sold for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment