Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lebowski Fest and Parasocial Interactions

I remember the exact night I first saw this movie, a late night in C-bad, eating veggie pizza and smoking hooka.  My friend put the dvd in and my bf at the time and him had both seen it, I was in udder shock, mainly because it had taken this long for me to see this masterpiece.  I could probably watch this movie everyday.  The dude abides.  So Lebowski fest is making it's way to SD in July, I am beyond excited.  I am going to be there for sure.  Dressed like someone obscure drinking a white russian..  only other thing I found out about today is something called parasocial interactions, basically how people feel about celebrities, or the "popular" kids in high school, or even that guy you were in love with but didn't ever really know.  I tend to try and shy away from these parasocial relationships, I mean, you never know what the hell a person is like until you actually get to know them, and even then everyone has their secrets, those idiosyncrasies that make us who we are.  I do feel you never can know anyone else quite like yourself and even then.. I surprise my own self A LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment