Saturday, March 20, 2010

I blame it on The Beatles and Champagne.

Startled.  I sat up quickly.  My leg was numb, microscopic glass shards poked out of small gashes.
Scrapes and pain.  My stupidity began to sink in as everyone turned and lifted me off the glass.
My heels had fallen off in the ironic crash.  My Stella unharmed.  I was dragged to the bathtub.
I laughed at the pain.  That half hearted half hurt laugh.  The one to remind yourself that you're okay.

You're just a dumb ass.

It had been quite a day, so why not finish it off by breaking a glass table whilst I attempted to dance to a Beatles song and walk from the couch to the floor using a small glass table as my middle man?  Albeit an expensive one I'm sure.



I washed out the glass with Helen and Kelsey's help while Jeff tended to a passed out Judy.

Disinfection.
The smell of blood wasn't very pleasant, nor was the wave of exhaustion.  I tried walking on it and figured since it wasn't totally mangled I was walking away a lucky woman, a lucky unbroken leg woman.
Elevation.
Ice.

Bandage wait.. wait.. wait..
Once I made it home, showered, I felt better.
Now to pay my bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment